Sunday, November 21, 2010

Changes Suck. Bad.

I am really, really disappointed with myself now. I have become the exact thing that I do not want to. One of those icky wannabe populars. I find myself looking in the full length mirror in my bedroom and thinking "Would Aly wear this?" or "Would Michelle wear this?" since Michelle and Aly are the few 'popular' girls I know who are actually kind and friendly [More Michelle then Aly.]

And another thing, I started

Wearing.

Makeup.

EGAD. I know. Not everyday. But when I do, it's usually lip gloss [which is always washed away by second period, since I have band class first period. Clarinet reeds wipe the gloss right off my lips.], mascara, and eye shadow.

I also started straightening my hair. I only burned my thumb once, but I never seem to be able to get it straight the way I want it. Maybe I need a better straightener?

And the thing I'm most ashamed of.....

I've started lying to people.

Okay, that may be stretching the truth a little there, but whenever questioned about my Beatles loving personality, do you want to know my response?

"Ew, no. The Beatles suck. I hate them."

I almost always go to the bathroom after that and wash my mouth out with soap and bang my head against the door. Not kidding.

But in a few ways, I haven't changed at a bit. I still listen to Ke$ha and Lady Gaga religiously, and I watch Glee like toddlers watch Dora the Explora, I'm still terrified to touch a curling iron, and I still worship John Lennon. Keeping up with the Kardashians, Estate of Panic, and The Biggest Loser are still my favourite reality shows, and I still write my words with the English/European format, despite how many points my English teacher takes off my essays. I still hate my gifted teacher with a passion [Yes, I am a gifted child. Got a problem? Suck it.] because she calls me by my first & last name and tells me she reminds her of her when I was her age, and my relationship status on Facebook is "divorced" even though I've never been in a relationship, and my favorite food is still pretzel chicken.


Don't worry guys, it's still me, you're average everyday Erin ;)



Puh-shaw.


~ERON~

5 comments:

  1. I hate being at this point. We're not kids, but we're not teenagers either. I feel like I have to sort of tell a little white lie to get out of something, and I want to start changing my looks thanks to straighteners, curlers, and makeup. But yet I'm still the same old Claire with her Harry Potter obsessions and her Selena Gomez music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Facebook relationship status is divorced, too. xDDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great. Yay. Am I the only girl here that DOESN'T wear makeup and stuff? Erin, if I have to march up there to Ohio from Atlanta to take away the makeup and shock you every time you lie, you are going to be sorry. Who is this? I don't think that it is Erin. It must be someone else.

    Erin, you are a unique individual. I can't bear to hear that you are doing this. What happened to Erin the Hippie, the Beatles loving, AG Doll collector? Tell Michelle and Aly to shut it, I don't CARE how nice they are, they are most likely lying to you or pretending to be nice.

    If your hair straightener doesn't work, it may be a sign. A sign that you should go back to Erin and be a Hippie.

    YOU ARE ERIN. NOBODY CAN CHANGE THAT.

    Amy and Virginia

    PS- Amy's gifted too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay Erin.You're still you.Whenever you come around I still think "Here comes the Sun".I still think you of "Erin in the Sky with Diamonds"All those times you say you'll leave I always think "You say Goodbye and I say Hello".There are times where "I want to Hold your Hand" to make you feel better.
    LOL all song quoting is over now I promise.Maybe I'm trying to type the Beatles back into you.

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't let the popular girls let you down. Do what you want to do.
    MYSELF, well, I wear makeup to make myself feel more confidents. Sometimes it lightens my mood and prepares me to go outside and face my day. If you feel like you're forcing yourself when you put on makeup, stop.

    -Grace

    ReplyDelete