Monday, July 26, 2010

Welcome to Meh Blog

Hi. I'm Erin. This is my very first personal blog, and I'm kind of new to writing a blog for myself. Let's try and see what happens.

Well, first off, I'm a hippie. Yes, h-i-p-p-i-e. I love old music, wearing hippie-ish clothing, and I believe that everyone should just love each other and there should be no fighting or wars. Which is where my problem comes in.

I consider myself the most hated girl in the 7th grade. I, myself, do not know why.

Was it my appearance?

I don't really take care of myself like the girls in my school do. I mean, sure I shower and wash my hair and do all the necessary stuff, but I don't really wear makeup or style my hair often. Normally, I just brush it and go. Since the kids in my school are as shallow as kiddie pools, they all ignored me and hated on me. The only people who truly understood my point of view were my best friends, Jenna and Gillian. They're the best in the world, I don't know what I'd do without them. Actually, without them I'd be some depressed hippie without a meaning in life. Which brings me to my next point.

Was it my personality?

I'm different. I'm not afraid to admit it. I wear different clothes, like Beatles tees and tye dye. I wear headbands across my forehead, giant peace medallions and wood beads. They all hated on me for being different. They just couldn't accept the fact that I was meant for the 60s, so their only was of accepting it was rejecting me. Jenna is my best friend in the entirest world. She's a hippie, too. We both love The Beatles and we both wore tye dye and peace signs. We'd walk down the hall together singing Beatles songs at the top of our lungs. People would stare, but we wouldn't care. We'd laugh and sing and we'd love it. But deep down inside, I was hurting.

Was it my need to be accepted?

In 6th grade, I truly tried anything to be accepted. I begged my mom to take me to get Silly Bandz once they became a fad. I cracked annoying jokes to the teachers, causing me huge embarassment when they yelled at me. The kids laughed, and so did I, but deep down, I hurt. No matter how hard I tried, nobody would take an intrest in me. They all just teased me about my hippie-ish advance on the world and my lack of intrest in pop music.

Then I met Josh.

Josh was a good friend. We found things we loved about each other. We both loved The Key of Awesome parodies and making videos. We both were smarter then most kids, since we had a different mindset that teachers call "gifted". They said we had the same mindset. Other kids didn't understand the way we gifted kids thought. Maybe that's why Josh and I understood each other well. We both complained when our gifted teacher gave us somewhat-low grades on projects, and we knew what the other was talking about. He was a great friend. Maybe one of my best friend. Other kids teased us, especially me. They thought just because a guy and a girl were hanging out like best friends, that we liked each other. Like, like-liked. As summer holidays came, he drifted away from me. He rarely replies to my text messages and my comments on YouTube. Is this a sign? Maybe things will change when school starts.


Blog to ya laterz,

~Erin~

No comments:

Post a Comment