Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August 7th- Worst/Best Day Ever

As of right now, I have..... *drum roll* eleven followers! HUZZAH!

The days are ticking faster towards my birthday.. and I'm excited!

First off, I have a feeling I'm NOT getting Ruthie! I think I'm getting Gwen Thompson, Girl of the Year Best Friend of 2009, off of eBay from my grandparents. For my birthday dinner, we are having smashed chicken [Or as I like to call it, shmashed chicken], scalloped potatoes, and green bean bundles. If you have any idea what any of those three things are, I APPLAUD YOU! If not, go look them up on Google or Bing or, whatever search engine you use. The green bean bundles especially are worth making.

And of course, the days are also ticking faster towards my evil cousins wedding. *sigh*

It's this Saturday, August 7th. She hired me to be the photographer, and I'm NOT looking forward to it. I'm only excited because [for once] she's actually paying me! I have to wear a dress. But I get to step in the middle of the aisle when she's walking down to take a picture. And nobody else is allowed! This is one of those times where I'm allowed to break the rules and nobody else is. HOORAY REBELLION!

As for my dress.....it's okay, I guess. It's black and white and it's a sundress. I match the wedding color scheme, which is white, black, and shocking pink. I'm not looking forward to it. I actually wanted to rebel, as usual, and wear blue to go totally against the color scheme, but that is obviously NOT happening.

At first, I was excited for the wedding. I've never had a real paying job before. Unless you count chores, which I don't. And I've never EARNED fifty dollars all at one time by myself. I've been given it from my grandfather, every birthday and Christmas I get a 50 dollar bill, but I've never earned all 50 of it at one time.

Then I learned that I had to wear a dress, and taking pictures meant missing out on my "wedding fun" as my mom calls it [HA!]. I wonder what the frick we're eating for supper that day. Because whatever it is, I'd rather eat a huge breakfast before and skip out on dinner. I don't give a crap if it's my grandma's spaghetti, which is to die for. My cousin's probably touched it and mixed some of her poison-y evil into it.

I'm only excited for August 7th because my friend's birthday party is later in the day after the wedding.

Well, there are some advantages to having my cousin's wedding.

1) She'll have a family to take care of. Her husband, and her baby animal thing. Then she'll stop visiting and start doing stuff with her own family instead of with ours.
2) She will have an excuse to go back to her home in New York and never come back.


Okay, so maybe there's more downsides then good things, but at least there's good things in the first place. It's not like she's getting married and moving in with us, which would be one of my worst nightmares.


~Erin~

1 comment:

  1. How about taking pretend bad photos as revenge? Like pictures of feet, or when she's acting crazy. HA! That will serve her!

    ReplyDelete