Thursday, August 26, 2010

Storage and Sanity

I am torn....
TORN, I TELL YOU.

Since I want to have new friends over in my room, I want to reduce my doll room to...well, almost nothing. Just a few beds and beddings.

Well, that is not possible. Why, might you ask? My doll room is a HUGE, and I mean HUGE cupboard. It's taller then I am and there are NO doors on it. So I can't even shut the doors to hide it.

Besides, even if I put the doors back on it, I still have the horse stable, the dressing room I put together, and the closet, which is a rack completely filled with doll clothing.

I feel ashamed of myself because I've let my doll loving side take over my entire life. I don't want to be all dolls, which is what I am. I feel bad because I now have THIRTEEN dolls, when I don't even want that much, but my mom won't let me sell any.

I don't want a giant doll room! I want a small one, an easy one to put away when I don't want anyone to see it, not a giant closet that's impossible to miss! But I can't bear to tell my mom about how I feel, because she'll go all *dramatic* on me because we've spent SO much money on it. My dad said it's so heavy and big, we can't even move it to a different spot.

I have a few beds in my closet that I could use, but they would take a long time to build and put together.

Bed 1- A loft bed. It has a bed on top, and below it is a small space that is hard to see and get into. That space would be were I put my doll beds/room.
Bed 2- The other half of my bunk bed. I have the bottom part of a bunk bed, and the top part was taken apart. We would put the bunk back on top and put the doll room on top.

I have a good plan for my bedroom, but zero idea for my doll room.

Gahhh.

~Erin~

2 comments:

  1. Why on EARTH would ERIN JEAN sell her dolls! Your known for your dolls!!! If it wasn't for your dolls, Heck! Amy wouldn't be getting Elizabeth! You inspired her to love dolls again! We were shoved in a corner for 3 freaking years until Amy read Bethie's blog!
    Show your new friends who Erin really is! But I would say loft bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I COMPLETELY agree with Virginia! Your dolls were the ones that got you a successful youtube, a flickr, three blogs which have numerous followers! You can sell furniture but DONT sell your dolls. They're a part of you :)

    ReplyDelete