Monday, August 2, 2010

Rant of the Day: Little Kids

Hey guys, Erin again. And I'm gonna start a new thing here, called the Rant of the Day. See, everytime I see or hear something that makes me mad, and I need to rant about it, I will post a blog about it, so you can read about my misadventures with the stuff I'm ranting about. This will always be labeled in the title as "Rant of the Day".

Today's rant-- Little kids. One of my least favorite things.

I hate how they're always getting special treatment just 'cause they're young. Yesterday I was at the grocery store with my mother and we were picking out meat in the deli and we saw a little girl in a cart who got a cookie from one of the ladies behind the counter--FOR FREE! And I'm sure it was just because she was little. And here I am, almost 12 years old, standing right next to her cart, cookie-less. Just cause I'm older.

You see, little kids are just people, only smaller and stupider. I bet that little girl wouldn't have stood out if she was 11 years old, just like me. And she probably wouldn't have gotten a cookie, either. And it's not like old people and adults are any better. They endorse the treatment, by giving them free toys and special treats like cookies and candy. And it seems like the only people who understand my problem are kids ages 7 to 14. Because teens babysit little kids. And love them.

What's so special about little kids, anyway? They don't DO anything! They just sit around, play with their toys and get free cookies. They can't run races, write blogs, take pictures, operate a computer, play clarinet, text their friends, play with pets, or eat with utensils--all the things I CAN do, and I can do most of those things pretty well. Whereas they wouldn't even know where to begin when trying to play the clarinet or take pictures.

Plus, they don't even listen to you half the time. Like, if you tell them to stop throwing their stuffed animals, they throw them anyway just to get you peed off. Or if you tell them that it's time to take a nap, they'll make a great big noisy fuss because they don't want to. The only words they seem to comprehend and follow through with are "Snack time!"

And another thing. I don't actually have this problem, but I have friends who do, and they're getting sick of it too. Like, if you have a younger sibling and your parents blame you for stuff they did. Lets I had a 3 year old little sister and she accidentally knocked over the lamp in my living room and broke it because she was tossing her stuffed animals around and one of them accidentally hit the lamp. The parent would blame me for it and I would get in trouble because "I could have stopped her" and "she doesn't understand because she's little." Then the kid starts crying, and my mom gives her juice and cookies to calm her down. AGAIN WITH THE FREE COOKIES! And I'm grounded for a week because of her.

Does anybody have this problem? Are you sick of little kids and their special treatment? Because I know I am.


~Erin~

2 comments:

  1. I definately know what you mean. 100% agree with all of that.
    That's why I can't babysit. Kids drive me insane. Their endless tantrums, disobeying orders...If I were their babysitter I'd eventually just start screaming at them. xP
    And my little sister...blech, that's all I have to say on that subject. I love her, but...blech.

    ~Chelsea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sick of it, too. I have two younger sisters and a younger brother, and it feels the same way.

    -Claire
    www.clairescuriosity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete