Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Discrimination



"Move over, sweetie."


"Can you move to the side a little? We're trying to take a picture."


"Excuse me, dear. We need this picture."




Those were some of the hurtful terms I heard at my cousins wedding. In fact, it wasn't as bad as I interpreted. The food was AMAZING. I can add pretzel chicken to my list of my favorite food.




The scenery was gorgeous.




Picture this:

They held the wedding in a building in front of this scenic area. Isn't it gorgeous? There was a whole field of peach trees and fields of fruit plants beyond those beautiful hills, plus a pond I dreamed of photographing at.


When we were taking bridal pictures afterward, I can't even recite how many times I, the official wedding photographer, was asked to move out of the way of somebody else's picture, or the amount of times when Jenny had to say to the people "Erin has first dibs, she's the OFFICIAL photographer." I almost wanted to hug her at that point.


It's just not fair. People are so absorbed in their adult careers that they just CAN'T picture an eleven year old with a semi-pro camera taking picture's for her older cousin's wedding. God only knows how many time people called poor Jenny "cheap" behind her back because she didn't want to pay for a professional photographer and settled for me. I had fun taking her pictures. I got to follow her down the aisle and take pictures of her as she walked. Her dress was beautiful.


I think she did a nice job planning the wedding. It was a beautiful building in front of a very pretty area. And when she through the bouquet, guess who caught it?


Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together, blogging to you live from Ohio,


ERIN!


Yup! I caught it! It was nice bouquet of white lillies. My grandma grinned furiously when I caught it.


Oh, and we couldn't leave her Samantha doll out of the celebration!


Yup. My grandma made her that dress. It was supposed to be a surprise, but her little stepsister spilled it before she was supposed to know. I felt like slapping her.

Overall, I liked being the photographer, but I hated being discriminated for being an eleven year old photographer. I felt like the people there didn't trust that I would do well with the pictures. Its not their wedding. Let Jenny do what she wants.

GOSH.

AAAAH!

~Erin~

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you didn't like that. I mean, hello, it's Erin the frickin awesome 11-year-old photographer coming through!

    My grandma makes me feel that way, even when my siblings aren't around.

    And I just love Samantha's dress. It's so perfect.

    -Claire
    clairescuriosity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete